Sunday, November 09, 2008

Baby Names

As some of you might know, Kitty and I are expecting an addition to the family.  In a few short weeks, our little Spud will be born and we'll have to choose a name.

If it is a girl, we'll call her Prosperity Mamoun and if it is a boy, Mamoun Prosperity.  I kid, of course, but if you have come to visit us here in the city, I'm sure you will know the references.

Mamoun's Falafel and Prosperity Dumpling are the only two restaurants in the city that we have gone to regularly and they always exceed expectations.

Mamoun's is located in the Village and provides hungry roamers with falafel (a deep fried chickpea ball) with baba ganoush, lettuce, tomatoes, tzaziki sauce and scorching hot sauce for $3.00 for each sandwich.

When the Bear found out that Kitty was pregnant, he said, "Congratulations!  Who's the father?"  The answer is easy, Mamoun.

Prosperity Dumpling is on Eldridge just north of Canal and they provide perfect pork and chive fried dumplings (5 dumplings for $1) and a sesame pancake sandwich with veggies ($1.25) or with beef ($1.50).  Kitty and I just got home from our almost weekly trip.  As we stood on line that went out of the door of the 10 square foot restaurant/stand, she said, "this time, I'm getting a second sesame pancake for the Spud."  We stood outside the little place and my eyes closed as I ate my pork dumplings.  On our way down the stairs to the subway, Kitty said, "Next time, please, don't ever let me eat two sandwiches.  I'm in a carb coma.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I had to try it to know, but now I'm sure... just let me eat one.  Not two."

1 comment:

Kiran said...

Well, nothing beats a good ol'authentic pork dumpling and a hearty helping of baba ganoush. Hey, personally, I love when people name their kids after food. You know, Cookie... Candy... Apple... it's all just so awesome.