Monday, December 11, 2006

Things we love, Pt. 4- update

If these aren't the Most Important Gawddam Dumplings in the World (tm), why would I wait for 45 minutes to get five of them?

I had time to kill before rehearsal and I decided that I needed dinner. Eldrich is on the way. At some point, though, you wonder if these spectacular, little dumplings are just not worth it. Apparently, they keep one person behind the counter to take orders and then immediately disappear into the back room, never to return again. At least 15 customers were served, ate and left before I received these impeccably fried, succulent dumplings. Maybe it was because I didn't order in Chinese or maybe it is because I had the look of a nice guy who wouldn't blow his top. Of course, as I sat at rehearsal and ate those perfectly created bites of heaven, all is forgiven and the pain and insecurity of waiting in line washes away with each delightful pocket of delicately spiced pork.

No comments: