Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ambulation, Part Two

On Friday, I had the pleasure of seeing my sashaying friend as I walked up Second Avenue. As I was heading uptown and arrived at 57th Street I saw her waiting for the light directly across the street. I have a terrible memory for faces and there is no way I could pick her out of a crowd, except for the fact that as she stood at the intersection across the street from me, she was singing to the music and getting her groove on. This was no gentle sway back and forth, rather I think I saw a step-ball-change thrown into the routine. As the light turned to "walk," she did a small hop-step and then started up her skip across the road.

The other people on the street, myself included, all managed to keep our poker faces as we walked by her. As I looked around, there was not one frown as people got out of her line of sight, only smiles and nods. I myself did a flap-flap-step- ball-change and shuffled off to the office.

No comments: