Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The drive in.

We arrived on Sunday and I drove into Manhattan for the second time in my life. Luckily, it was Sunday. Traffic wasn't bad and my fear factor was at about 6. We found our way to my friends house in Harlem where we spent an hour or so unloading the car and storing our boxes in the basement. It turns out that condensing our already condensed belongings was a brilliant idea because the Chocolate room is about the size of our bed. This isn't a bad thing, just a thing.

Now thoroughly condensed, we drove across Harlem on 125th and picked up the Tri-Borough Bridge. So far, so good. The next 25 minutes were spent weaving through Astoria trying to figure out how to get under (or over) the Cross-Island Parkway. Fear Factor: 8. This is surprising.

We made it to the Chocolate Room by 9 p.m. Not too shabby. My wife is a great co-pilot and we made it through the stress with nary a harsh word. This is not surprising.

No comments: