Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Wild Hogs Invade Lefferts Place

When a motorcycle gang moves into your neighborhood, it is a bit of an unsettling thing. I knew that our 'hood was a little different though, when I finally the motley crew that was roaring up my street.

I saw them on Saturday morning on my way back from a run. They were polishing their bikes to a glowing sheen. They were polishing their dirt bikes. The blue and yellow plastic reflected the morning sun and I knew, in my heart of hearts, that this machine would never actually see "dirt."

As I continued down the street, a 4x4 ATV pulled up and parked in the sidewalk in front of the brownstone next to mine. It was also polished to a sheen and when the Hell's Angel had trouble getting the machine up onto the sidewalk, I quickly dodged into my apartment so he wouldn't see me laugh.

Those bikers are dangerous.

No comments: