Saturday, May 20, 2006

My little toe has never looked so good.

Experimentation is the key to enjoying oneself in the city. New restaurants, new museums, and new neighborhoods make up for the crowds, the dirt and the endless commuting. With a big and fancy party coming up tonight, Kitty thought she would push my boundries a bit last night. We met at our neighborhood nail salon and while she primped for the party, I got my very first pedicure.

Pedicures are quite an event. Not knowing what to expect, I made quite a few mistakes. I put my feet in the water at the wrong times and I writhed a bit during some of the scrubbing. In the end, though, the whole process was much more relaxing than I thought. Yes, I was the only guy in there, but I'm tough and rugged and I can handle the pressure.

My best high school friends are coming into town in a month or so. We are going to hit some comic stores, see some movies, eat curry and have a guys weekend. It would absolutely crack me up to see Slim Jim, RoboGuy and the Corporate Avenger sitting next to me with our feet in tubs of hot water. Somehow, I don't think it will happen.

No comments: